Utilizing Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8 is an awesome experience and it aids the user in performing the intended tasks. This can range from surfing on the net or visiting social networking websites to other respective tasks depending upon the user and his interests. Usually, its straight forward employing Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8 and using it for the respective purpose; however a situation can arise where the user gets stuck during the time that a new tab needs to open to facilitate effective functioning between tabs for particular purposes.
At the beginning, this process can be complicated with the minimalistic design provided for the user causing hindrances in navigating to the necessitated function. But using the simplistic procedure below, you can easily access all the open tabs and perform the switching operations in an easy fashion. For carrying out the switching operation, you will need to open the menu at first. Hereafter, choose the tab option and then select grid view from the available options. If you plan to manifest this aspect using a simplest procedure ever, then you can move over to the tutorial to carry out the resulting task. The facilitation of this method results in an on-screen tab shortcut being created so that the user can directly go to grid view by just tapping on such an option.
- Initially, navigate to the app list and select Internet Explorer. Launch the app subsequently.
- Thereafter, after the browser gets loaded you should access the menu. This is done by going down to the bottom and by simply tapping on the displayable small dots icon. Choose Settings from the list.
- Afterwards as the Settings screen appears, you need to look out for the Use address bar button for subsequential options. Select and expand the respective list and eventually select tabs instead of favorites.
- Ultimately when the option gets set, you should revert back to the main app’s interface. This change is automatically saved.
- Thereupon presenting its appearance and clearly noticeable is the icon displayable icon next to the address bar. This gets changed from the previous star icon (favorites) to a newly visible pages icon (tabs).
- Even though the favourite icon gets replaced with the tab icon, the favorites can still easily be accessed navigating to the menu.