The announcement of Android v4.2 has created a lot of excitement among android fan boys. It has many great features one of them being gesture support for the stock keyboard or what some like to call swipe. It was about time that the stock android keyboard needed a total revamp and be comparable to the after market keyboard apps like Swype, SwiftkeyX, etc.
The new android keyboard has the same look and feel as jellybean 4.1 but introduces the feature everyone has been waiting for that is gesture typing/swipe. Recently this keyboard has leaked on internet and has been floating around.
Here is a simple tutorial to get this keyboard on your android device.
- Download the flashable zip of keyboard or scan this QR code
- Rooted device
- Custom recovery (if you don’t have a custom recovery you may see this article)
- Android 4.0 or above (ICS and above)
- Place the Zip in SD card
- Reboot into recovery(every device has a different method )
- Navigate to Install Zip from SD card.
- Navigate to the zip file you earlier placed in the SD card and flash it.
- navigate to advanced and select fix permissions
- Reboot to system.
- Go to Settings > Language & input > tick the box next to the newly added keyboard
- Press on default and set this keyboard as default.
Now you can enjoy the latest keyboard from android 4.2!