An Android device in many ways acts as a mini computer. Almost all the tasks that an individual performs on the computer can be accomplished on the Android Smartphones also. So it is natural that it can get infected with viruses. Therefore it becomes necessary to use a good anti-virus for the Android device.
The avast! Mobile Security is an excellent anti-virus app that is available on the Google Play Store for free. There are many anti-virus apps for Android but avast! Mobile Security stands out because of it’s extensive features. It scans the data on the Android and helps in the detection and removal of viruses and suspicious files. It not only scans the apps that are installed on the device, but also the data on the SD card.
Apart from removal of viruses, the avast! Mobile Security app is flooded with many functions. It has an inbuilt Anti-Theft component which gives the user remote control via SMS or Web. This is useful when the device is lost. It can be used for tracking of the device, activate siren, memory wipe, etc. Besides this, avast! Mobile Security has a firewall which can be used to block the Internet connection for the apps which the user can select manually. This feature only works on the rooted devices.
Other features of avast! Mobile Security are:
- Privacy Report: Scans and displays access rights and intents of installed apps.
- Network Meter: Measures incoming/outgoing data transfers.
- Web Shield: Scans each URL that loads and warns you if it’s malware-infected. Includes USSD blocker.
- Widget: Gives you control of the app from your Android desktop.
- SiteCorrect: Automatically fixes wrongly typed URLs.
- Shield Control: Advanced settings for app, web, and messages scanning.
- UI Design: Great readability on Android cell phones and tablets.
- SMS/Call Filtering: Filters out particular contacts that you select.
- App Manager: Lists apps and their sizes (MB), CPU load, memory used, etc.
- Battery Save: Runs only when performing tasks.
Download the avast! Mobile Security app from here.