Making a backup of your phone from time to time is advisable! If anything goes wrong, you can simply restore the device to its working state simply by restoring it. Hence, one should create and maintain backups from time to time, especially if you ofter flash custom ROMs or MOD your Android smart phone.
I had earlier described a Backup method via ClockWorkMod(CWM) recovery. This is an alternative method to create a backup. This method is useful for those who do not have a custom recovery installed or have locked bootloaders or unrooted phones. With this method you can backup your phone directly into your PC.
Disclaimer: By following this tutorial, you agree that the backup/restore process will be undertaken at your own risk. No member of this site will be responsible for any bricked phones!
- Necessary device specific drivers on your PC.
- No Root required.
- Download the “Ultimate Backup Tool” from here.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled from Settings > > Developer Options > > USB Debugging
- Make sure Unknown sources is enabled from Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the UBT.zip on your desktop.
- In your phone go to Settings >> Developer Options >> Desktop backup password and set a password. Leave the first field blank as no password is set by default.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Run the UBT.bat. It will look like this:
- Make sure that under the field “List of devices attached” there is a large number displayed it indicates that your phone is correctly connected.
- Select option number as per your need. For a full safe backup of your Apps, select option number 2.
- On your device screen you’ll be asked for a password, enter the password that you entered earlier.
- Click on “Back up my data” and wait till your phone returns to your home screen. It will take quite some time ranging from 15-20 mins.
- Your backup process is complete.
- To restore select option number 8 in the UBT.bat window.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the encryption password that you had set earlier. Enter the same password and press “Restore my data”.
- Now the restoration of data will begin; wait till you return to the home screen.
- Your restore process is complete.
If you are facing any difficulties, you may post a comment here so that we can help you with it!