There have been numerous tips & tricks that have been vividly available to find various tutorials related with WhatsApp. It is self-explainable really when WhatsApp has become the main communication medium and shall continue to be as the days pass by. This is because it is observed because WhatsApp is cheap as compared to the default messaging and normal text messaging. It is also advantageous with the fact that WhatsApp supports multimedia files.
Knowing the other various tips on the restoration of the text messages on an Android Phone, it is an interesting question as to whether we can backup these WhatsApp messages. As you may know, on a rooted phone, the application data backup can be easily taken with the app itself. Under this procedure, even the WhatsApp messages get restored.
The concern is for the non-rooted users who need to manually use the in-app feature to take backup. The following are the techniques to backup WhatsApp messages. Either one can take backup on SD card of all the chat conversations. This can then be restored after re-installing the application.
The other method that is available is to email the chats to specific individuals. These are represented as text files along with attached media files.
Backing up messages on the Mobile Phone
This is done by opening the WhatsApp application initially. While staying on the recent chats page, one has to tap on the menu button. From here, Select Settings and navigate going to Chat Preferences in the list.
After going in the Chat Preferences option, an individual simply needs to tap on the Chat history backup option. One cannot make multiple backups and no images can be included in the backup. These stay in the SD card and are linked only after one completes the restoration of messages. When you click here, the application will overwrite the old backups that were previously created. This is because it results in making a new one.
Procedure for backing up messages on Email
- An entire message thread can be kept as a text file with the other media. One can methodologically create a backup by performing the following steps:
- Selection option – Email chat history (from the Chat Preferences)
- Select the chat thread that you need to backup. This is displayed after an individual taps on initially on the Email chat history.
- Sequentially after this, the app asks whether SD card media is needed to be attached.
- The manifestation of any mail application client can aid the course in this procedure. The only thing one needs to ensure is the connection with respect to a Wi-Fi or a good enough data connection when all these media files are uploaded to the email account.
- The reverse functionality can’t be possible i.e. an individual can’t restore the mail backup on the device. Hence, in this fashion the media is backed up as media attachments to the clouds.
Therefore using these two simple yet effective procedures, we can perform the necessary requirement.