During the time that Windows Phone slowly and steadily gains foothold in the market, the variety of apps developed for this platform keeps expanding and ascending. There are newer applications developed which facilitate in performing operations for the user and help in improving the ease of life.
In this fashion at a certain instance of time it may so happen that a plethora of apps are running on the phone, thus end up draining phone’s battery or is responsible for the slow functioning of the device as these apps get populated on the device. There is a possibility provided to disable such unwanted tasks but along with these apps there are applications also running in the background. For the reason that Windows Phone 8 performs specific periodic tasks which continuously run in the background even if the main app isn’t functional at that instance of time.
Note: The disabling of the specific tasks doesn’t account for disabling the apps. They are regarded as altogether different entities. Along these lines, third-party apps can be disabled. However, system apps cannot be treated in the same fashion as the other apps.
Instructions to Block Apps from running in the background:
- Initially choose Settings by going to the app list on the specific device.
- Here, swipe and go to the left hand side of the screen. Afterwards, access the Applications section from the list and select background tasks from here.
- Subsequently, lists of all the blockable apps are displayed and generally apps that run in the background are shown by default. However, it is to be noted that the system apps are the ones that are unblockable. Thus, not all of the background tasks are blockable.
- Now, to block an application simply choose the specific app. Thereupon, tap on block button.
- At a later instance of time, if the user wants to unblock the same app. This can be done by going to the Settings. Subsequently, choose “Turn background tasks” on for the particular app. The checkbox should be selected for facilitating the same.