One of the great things about Smartphones is that the amazing camera that comes with it. The camera quality isn’t comparable to a DSLR but still it’s good enough to take great pictures and videos. The LG Optimus G (Sprint) is one such Smartphone with great camera. It has a rear camera with resolution of 13 megapixels and the front camera is 1.3 megapixels.
Even though this phone has good camera configurations, some users aren’t fully satisfied with it. So a member of the CyanogenMod team has released a camera mod, which greatly helps in enhancing the camera configurations. After using this mod, a very noticeable difference is seen. Some of the features of this mod are:
- Increased 1080p bitrate to 20mbps
- Increased audio bitrate to 320kbps for both 720p and 1080p
- Changed audio channels to 2 for 1080p
- Doubled the image decoding memory cap to 40 MB
- Increased all image encoding quality values to 100
This mod can be used for all the ROMs. It is very simple to install this mod. Follow the instructions given below to install it on the Sprint LG Optimus G.
- A rooted Sprint LG Optimus G.
- TWRP recovery.
- Camera mod file (xml format).
- First create a Nandroid Backup using the TWRP recovery.
- Now download the camera mod file and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Using a file browser (like root explorer/es file explorer) select move/copy the xml file. Then go to the /system/etc folder.
- Make sure your system is mounted RW.
- Paste it in the /system/etc folder and it will ask to overwrite the current file. Just say yes.
- Done. Now reboot the phone and see the difference.