One of the perks of having an Android phone is extreme customization. Changing the Boot animation of your phone is just another small way to make the phone more personal. I have described an easy and fool-proof to change the boot animation of your device. Android’s boot animation is stores in a file called bootanimation.zip. Our goal is to replace this file with the desired one to change the boot animation.
This process is fairly simple and applicable to a majority of devices that are Rooted. However, a few phones may not be as friendly in this matter. If this process doesn’t work for you, you may Download this app from Google play store.
- Rooted device.
- ES File explorer
- The boot animation file of your choice that you want to apply. Download from here.
Note: Download according to your screen resolution.
- Connect your phone to the PC and transfer the downloaded “bootanimation.zip” file on your SD card.
- Once transferred disconnect the phone.
- Launch the ES file explorer and press the “Menu button>Settings>Root settings>check all items“.
- Now navigate to system/media where you’ll find the bootanimation.zip file.
- long press the file to get a menu. Select Rename and rename the file as bootanimation.bak and store it as a backup.
- Now navigate to the folder where you placed the downloaded bootanimation.zip
- Copy it and Paste it into system/media.
- Restart your phone to see the new boot animation. (However, it may happen that it will not change if so then download the app mentioned above)
Here are a few awesome looking Boot animations: