Traditionally, everyone wishes to read their Emails as soon as they arrive. But, some people wish to check their Emails at regular intervals; for such people continuous syncing of Emails isn’t essential. The sync interval functionality in WP8 allows you to have a custom time interval when your Smartphone will fetch emails from the configured server. This helps you avert the case where you may miss the particularized mail which urgently required your response. Hence, having a syncing option suitable to our needs and producing the consistent results is a beneficial aspect indeed.
Note that continuous syncing of Emails result in faster battery draining on smartphones. Therefore to tackle this problem, you can specifically set up the work email only to sync at regular intervals while customizing the others accordingly to your needs. Thus you need to change the sync interval for each individual inbox. Furthermore, changing the settings associated with one specific inbox doesn’t result in changing the entire list of settings for the others.
- Initially, you need to go and visit the app list. Hereafter, select the specific inbox for the particularized option for which you want to change the email sync interval.
- After the inbox gets loaded subsequently, you need to simply tap on the small dots which are present. These are responsible for bringing up the menu. Thereafter, select settings from there.
- When you arrive on the Settings screen, you have to simply tap on the sync settings option which is visible on screen. This can be selected only when the inbox is not syncing at a particular point of time.
- Later, you should find the itemized Download new content option. Thereupon, choose the respective option to expand all the choices that are present along with it.
- At this point of time, you can check for a new email dependent on every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, hourly, every 2 hours, or manually. This is according to the user’s desire as and when he/she wants to sync.
- Once this process is done, you need to select the check button located at the bottom of the screen. This is responsible for saving the settings.
- If at any point of time later, if you want to change the particularized sync interval; then you simply need to follow these aforementioned steps.