Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was released last year and it was a huge hit. It has 5.5″ Super AMOLED display. It is powered by Quadcore 1.60GHz Exynos 4412 processor, 2GB of RAM. Note 2 also has an 8MP primary camera and 1.9 MP secondary camera. It is equipped with the S Pen, which is the unique feature of Samsung’s Note series.
XDA member kevinrocksman has created a camera sounds mod for the Note 2 by adding some custom sounds. You can change the camera shutter sound using this mod. It comes in the form of an AROMA-based recovery-flashable zip. Due to the use of AROMA installer, installation is easy, and the installer walks you through the selection of sounds selection. Follow the instructions given below if you want to try out this mod.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 2:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted
- CWM or TWRP Recovery installed
- Camera Mod zip file
Steps to install the camera mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera Mod zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.