Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was released in October this year. It is Samsung’s most powerful device at the moment. It has a 5.7″ display with a resolution of 1920×1080 and 386ppi. It is powered by a Quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm processor and 3GB RAM. It has 16/32/64 GB storage options. It also has a 13MP camera with 1080p video recording capability and a 3200mAh battery.
XDA member kevinrocksman has created a wonderful mod for the Note 3 with great sound additions. This mod comes in the form of an AROMA-based recovery-flashable zip, in which the sounds are included. Due to the use of AROMA installer, installation is easy, and the installer walks you through the selection of sounds selection. Follow the instructions given below if you want to try out this mod.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install the mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera Mod zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.