Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is the successor to Samsung’s first phablet – Galaxy Note. It has a 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos 4412 processor, 2 GB of RAM, and either 16, 32, or 64 GB of internal storage. Note 2 has a powerful 3100mAh battery. It ran on Android 4.1 at the time of the release and it is upgradable to Android 4.3 as well.
XDA member kevinrocksman has created a wonderful S Pen sound mod which will let you customize the S Pen sounds. It is also available for the Galaxy Note 3. It has a variety of sounds – Angry Birds, Buffalo Solider, Dirt Bike, Duck Hunt, Gears, Gun II, Homer, Mario, Pac Man, Put It Back Oh Yeah, Spongebob Laugh, The Force, The Joker and much more. This mod comes in the form of an AROMA-based recovery-flashable zip, in which the sounds are included. Due to the use of AROMA installer, installation is easy, and the installer walks you through the selection of sounds selection. If you want to try it out, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 2:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install the mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the S Pen Sound Mod zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.