Galaxy Note 3 is Samsung’s third device in the hugely popular Note series. This phablet comes with some mighty specifications. It is powered by a Quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm processor and 3GB RAM. Note 3 is one of the fastest device available at the time of its release. The 5.7″ display has a resolution of 1920×1080 and 386ppi. The Note 3 is available in 16, 32 and 64GB varieties, all with an additional microSD slot for even more storage.
Aside from the specifications, another thing that makes this device unique is the S Pen. The S Pen can be used for a variety of purposes. XDA developers have created a mod that will help you to customize the S Pen sounds on the Galaxy Note 3. Some of the sounds included in this mod are Angry Birds, Buffalo Solider, Dirt Bike, Duck Hunt, Gears, Gun II, Homer, Mario and much more. This mod comes in the form of an AROMA-based recovery-flashable zip, in which the sounds are included. Due to the use of AROMA installer, installation is easy, and the installer walks you through the selection of sounds selection. If you want to try it out, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install the mod on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the S Pen Sound Mod zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.