Sony Xperia V was released in December 2012. The device features a powerful 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor backed by 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of storage, and a whopping 13 MP camera. The 4.3″ LCD is also noteworthy, featuring a high 720p resolution and the proprietary BRAVIA engine. The Xperia V follows in the footsteps of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus by offering on-screen Android navigation keys. Xperia V came with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS but it was upgradable to the Jelly Bean OS.
Previously, we saw a mod that will customize the status bar of Sony Xperia T. A similar mod is also available for the Xperia V. This mod will help you to change the appearance of the status bar and also give you more options. There are about 24 different toggles to choose from. The mod also brings slider controls for brightness and volume settings in a separate pane, as well as a handy navigation bar softkey editor. So if you want to try out this mod, follow the instructions given below.
Note: This mod is only for the Sony Xperia V running on stock firmware and Android Jelly Bean OS.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia V:
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia V bootloader must be unlocked
- Xperia V must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Status Bar zip file
Steps to Install the mod on Sony Xperia V:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Status Bar zip file and SystemUIPreferences.apk. Transfer it on your phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip ” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Status Bar zip file.
- Reboot the phone.
- Now using Root Explorer, tap on SystemUIPreferences.apk and install it. This app is to customize the status bar.