Amongst the different firmwares that are available on the Android platform, HTC’s Sense is an immensely popular one. It offers a very different and beautiful UI and features that are not seen in any other firmwares. One such feature that many enjoy is the Task Manager interface. However, since this is an HTC Sense exclusive, owners of other devices have thus far been out of luck.
However Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users can feel lucky because the Sense Task Manager has been ported to their device by a XDA developer. This HTC Sense-style Task Manager mod supports both portrait and landscape views for the task switching interface, offering you large previews of your currently running and recent apps, complete with app names and icons under the previews. It also features a nice shiny reflection to add some visual oomph. From the task switching interface, one gets a quick access to Task Manager and Google Search, and can also kill all the currently running apps in one go.
This mod will work only on the stock ROM and all those ROMs that are based on the stock ROM. To install the Sense Task Manager on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, follow the steps that are given below.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- Full Sense Tasks zip file
- Download the Full Sense Tasks zip file and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file downloaded in step 1.
- Reboot the phone.