The LONG AWAITED Jellybean (Android v4.1.1) update for Galaxy S3 is finally out this week. Every S3 owner will obviously want to update his/her phone to the latest firmware. The early reviews by customers haven’t reported any major bugs with this update so it’s quite beneficial to update your phone.
Here is a short tutorial to update your Galaxy S3 to Jellybean 4.1.1 before you receive the official update OTA :
- Download the JellyBean file here.
- Unzip the file on desktop and run ODIN from the ZIP file. The window will look something like this(The Name of the Device Appears as Epic 4G, because its a Software bug. You can neglect it!)
- Now pick up your Galaxy S III and press and hold the Volume-Down button, Home button, and Power buttons together for 20 seconds. The phone will enter into “Download mode”.
- Once in Download Mode, the phone will display an warning. Press the Volume-Up button to continue!
- Now you can connect your phone to the PC using the microUSB cable.
- There should be a yellow highlighted box with a COM number. If not then your drivers aren’t installed correctly!
- Check the PDA box and select the “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5” file from the unziped package you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked!!
- Press start and wait for a few minutes. It is normal that the process takes time; do not panic! Do not disconnect the USB cable.
- Once done, your phone will restart.
- Enjoy! You have the latest JellyBean firmware build for your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Don’t forget to let us know, How are you finding the new Jellybean firmware on your Galaxy S 3!