Today, Apple has officially released the iOS 7 beta 2 for developers. This second beta for testing is now available for download. This update can be acquired from Apple’s over-the-air updating system on iOS devices and eventually will be posted soon to the iOS Dev Center.
Previously, Apple released the first beta version of iOS 7 and it was made available to developers after its unveilment at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference. This availability helped a great deal for the developers who concentrated on making software for the operating system and also who wanted to get hands-on experience with the new-fangled revamped software.
Apple plans to release iOS 7 during fall 2013. Surely it will be announced alongside the new iOS hardware. Accordingly, the iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini will receive these updates later. Furthermore, it is also understood that iOS 7 will be made available to the users before the launch of the next-generation iPhone.
The following are the updates on changes that have been incorporated in beta 2:
- Beta 2 is also available for iPad and iPad mini other than being available only for iPhone and iPod touch. The important point to be noted is that the first beta did not include official iPad.
Source 9to5Mac displays this representation- iOS 7 beta 2 for iPad home screen
Source 9to5Mac displays this representation- iOS 7 beta 2 for iPad control center
- Voice Memos app has been introduced in beta 2. This marks a notable return
- The new male and female Siri voices that Apple showcased at WWDC have been manifested and are now available in English
- Several users have reported that currently, Siri is much faster than in beta 1.
- Apple also has Xcode 5 Developer Preview 2 and a second beta of Apple TV Software version 5.4 along-with the announcement of iOS beta 2