Everyone knows about CWM(ClockWorkMod recovery). It was the first custom recovery made available on such a wide range of devices. And many of you must know it synonymous with custom recoveries. It is a very stable and fully functioning recovery.
However, using a custom recovery like CWM can often be a painstaking task as you have to always use the volume rocker to navigate on the CWM menu. What if you had a choice to use touch input to use recovery. Wouldn’t that make life much easier and hassle-free. That’s what TeamWin promise you. TeamWin is a team of developers who have made the TeamWinRecoveryProject, better known as TWRP. TWRP is a custom recovery that supports complete touch interaction in recovery mode, a deviation to the customary volume rocker based control.
But what if you could run both these recoveries on your rooted android device? Wouldn’t it be a cracker! Owners of Xperia Ray(ST18i) are in luck as recently our friend at XDA, thomas1991_12 has ported the TWRP recovery and packaged it along with CWM hence allowing you to get a dual recovery on your device. However this dual recovery based kernel is available only for Xperia Ray(ST18i) running on CM10(jellybean 4.1.2).
Caution: Do not use this particular kernel unless you fulfill all the given requirements.
- CM10 (jellybean 4.1.2) To flash CM10 you may see this tutorial.
- Flykernel with dual recovery.
- Flashable WiFi modules.
- Once you downloaded the kernel file and fulfilled other requirements, flash the kernel using this tutorial.
- Once you finished flashing the kernel power off the device.
- Now press the power button to start the booting process.
- To enter recovery:
- TWRP: press power button when the LED shines.
- CWM: press the power down button when the LED shines.
- Once in recovery flash the WiFi modules by selecting “install zip from sdcard”.
- Now you are successfully running dual recoveries on your device.