Samsung Galaxy R is a great gaming Android Smartphone, sporting a Tegra 4 chipset, the device gives an excellent gaming performance. Though Samsung Advertises that it has a 8 GB internal storage, after all bloatware you get only effective mere 3 GB for your use. This is very less considering the size of games like GTA vice city which are higher than 1 GB.
Here is a method to swap the internal storage with an external SD card. Since SD cards can be up to 32 GB swapping the internal storage is a huge advantage. Follow the instructions to understand this process.
Disclaimer: No member of this site is responsible for any damage caused to your phone by this tutorial. By continuing to this article you by default agree to these terms.
- Rooted device(to root your Samsung Galaxy R see this article).
- File explorer with root access like ES explorer.
- Download the new modified vold file.
- Download the original vold file (required if anything goes wrong)
- SD card larger than 4 GB
- Android version 2.3 gingerbread only!
- Unzip the downloaded vold file.
- Now connect your device to the PC and place the vold.fstab file in your SD card.
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to the vold.fstab in your SD card.
- Copy that file and navigate to the folder /system/etc
- Paste the file in this folder. You will receive an overwrite warning say yes to it.
- After pasting the file change it’s permission to “rw- r– r–” as depicted in the image below:
- Now reboot the device and enjoy the expanded memory!
- In case anything goes wrong use the same method to restore to the original vold file provided.
Note: If you have any apps installed on your sd card before you use the new vold, please move them to phone memory before you change your vold or else you might have to reinstall those apps.If you do a Dalvik cache wipe after applying the vold, you will have to reapply it to make everything work flawlessly.