Samsung Galaxy R is a great gaming Android Smartphone, sporting a Tegra 4 chipset, the device gives an excellent gaming performance. Though Samsung Advertises that it has a 8 GB internal storage, after all bloatware you get only effective mere 3 GB for your use. This is very less considering the size of games like GTA vice city which are higher than 1 GB.
Here is a method to swap the internal storage with an external SD card. Since SD cards can be up to 32 GB, thus swapping the internal storage with SD card is a huge advantage. Follow the instructions to understand this process.
Disclaimer: No member of this site is responsible for any damage caused to your phone by this tutorial. By continuing to this article you by default agree to these terms.
In an earlier article we had discussed how to do the same process for Galaxy R running Gingerbread.
- Rooted Device.
- Custom Recovery (if you want to install a custom recovery see this article)
- Download modified vold flashable zip.
- SD card of more than 4GB
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Place the downloaded file into your SD card.
- Now power off your device.
- Restart your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding “menu button + volume up + power button”
- Now use volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
- select the instal zip from sd card option
- Then navigate to the file you downloaded and flash it.
- Now reboot into system and done you’ll see expanded storage in your internal SD card