Any device’s functionality can get hindered due to some errors creeping into the system thus causing instability and causing problems for the users. Traditionally, Windows Phone 8 Operating System is a stable OS but at some instances there can be situations where the bugs, errors and other problems can develop the phone into a problematic state or may result improper functioning of the device. The notable problems can be weird random reboots or lock-ups consistently. Usually, in such cases performing a factory reset is the best suitable solution for the person at that particular instance of time. A factory reset is performed and this results in getting the phone back to its previously existent state i.e. original state. Therefore, it is regarded as the final resort troubleshooting procedure.
This can be a useful solution in cases where the individual wants to sell the device and needs to remove/ delete the phone entirely before selling it to some other customer or other cases where there are problems caused on the device.
Note: Take a backup of your phone content before performing this task as the entire personal content is wiped off after the execution of this task.
- Go to Settings from the displayable live tile or by making your way out on to the app list.
- Straightaway in settings, choose about after scrolling down.
- Afterwards, click on the “reset your phone” button which is present at the bottom of the page.
- After you see the warning message, choose “Yes”. At this moment, when you choose yes to complete the process forward, the personal content is entirely wiped off the phone. Thus, you should take a backup before performing this activity. However, purchased apps & other games, media can be downloaded later from the Store.
- Now, wait for the phone to boot up and start the configuration process later.
The problem should be fixed by the reset if the problem exists in the fixable range. If it’s not fixed, you will need to take the device to the store.