When Asus launched Nexus 7 it ventured into the newly created market of phablets. Google’s Nexus series is well known for the ease of bring able to root devices and also unlocking them. Nexus 7 being no exception to the rule, it is very easy to flash a custom recovery on Nexus 7. In this tutorial we will show how to flash any custom recovery on your Nexus 7. You may flash any custom recovery of your choice like CWM, TWRP or Cannibal Open Recovery.
- USB debugging enabled. (System Settings >> Developer Options >> turn on >> USB Debugging)
- Custom Recovery image.
- Android SDK or ADB package from here.
- Open the folder where the android SDK is installed or if you don’t have android SDK unzip the ADB package on the desktop.
- Hold shift + right click then select open command window here.
- Now connect your device to the PC using the USB cord.
- Type in the following code in the the cmd window(press enter for every code on new line):
mount -o remount rw, /system
- Now your device will reboot into fastboot mode.
- Place the downloaded recovery image in the same folder as ADB.
- Type the following code into the cwm window:(replace the xxx with the exact name od the recovery image file)
fastboot flash recovery xxx.img
Now the custom recovery of your choice has been installed on your Nexus 7 and you can access it by switching off your device. Then press and hold the “volume up + volume down + power button”.