If you have seen the keyboard bundled with the stock Jellybean ROM, you must be knowing its evident advantage over the keyboard included in ICS. What gives the JB keyboard an edge over ICS is its in-built text prediction engine. If you have used the keyboard alternative available on the Google play, SwiftKey X, you must be knowing the advantage of having a text prediction engine in your Keyboard. It makes the cumbersome typing on a touchscreen much easier.
The JB keyboard looks exactly like its predecessor the ICS keyboard however with an huge advantage over the ICs keyboard which includes features like text prediction, support for several more languages which includes Arabic languages!
With these given advantages and many more one would certainly want to harness the features of this awesome keyboard. Now you can get the JB keyboard on your device running ICS.
The steps to get the JB keyboard are as follows:
- Download the APK file from here.
- Go to Settings >> Security >> Unknown sources and tick the option.
- Connect your device to the PC and copy/paste the apk file onto your SD card.
- Disconnect your device and navigate to the folder where you’ve placed the file.
- Click on it to install it.
- To activate the keyboard go to Settings>>Language & Input>> Tick on Jelly Bean keyboard.
Now you can use the Jelly Bean Keyboard on Your device running ICS!