Google Android 5.0 Lollipop was released last month with a host of new features. It is the largest update of the Android OS since Ice Cream Sandwich was released three years ago. With this update, there came many problems as well. Google recently rolled out the Android 5.0.1 update. Now according to reports, Android 5.1 will be out by February end.
The following change log is leaked:
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
Google usually releases two iterations of the Android per year and one is coming as soon as February is quite a surprise.
Meanwhile, there has been another news which might excite users. Google has started planning on Android M and according to reuters, Android M will be a special version of the OS and will be designed specifically for installation into vehicles.