Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a wonderful tablet. It comes with 1.4 GHz quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM, which make this tablet really fast. However, there might be some users who want to increase the performance of this excellent tablet. Members of XDA developers have made a custom kernel for this tablet, which allows the user to Overclock the processor till 1.6 GHz. This will make the tablet much more faster. However, with increase in the processor frequency, the battery consumption will increase!
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 users, who want to overclock the tablet, can follow the steps given below.
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin 1.85.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the tablet and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Reboot your tablet into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Power and Volume Down key until a “Warning” message appears on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to enter into Download Mode.
- Connect your tablet the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your tablet.
- Download the appropriate kernel for your tablet.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR file for your tablet. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin. Doing so will brick your tablet!
- Click the Start button in Odin to start flashing the kernel to your tablet.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot. You will also see the “PASS” message on Odin.
- Once the Samsung logo appears on the screen, you can disconnect your tablet from the computer.
- Now restart the tablet and you are done!