An Android smartphone has a variety of features that attracts people of all the age groups. Google Play Store has so many games that children are hooked on to their Android device for large periods of time. So if a child borrows the phone to play some games on the Android, the user will want that his/her privacy is not invaded. There may be some images and videos in the smartphone that may be personal or it might not be suitable for kids.
The user need not worry about this anymore. Using the Vaulty app, the user can hide the selected pictures and videos that he/she wants to keep hidden from the outside world. Vaulty is a free app available on the Google Play Store. The basic features of Vaulty are to hide images and videos but apart from that, user can password protect the app, edit pictures, take images and videos with this app. The images and videos hidden using Vaulty will not be visible in the gallery or in the file manager.
Here is a step by step procedure which shows how to hide images and videos using Vaulty:
- Download Vaulty from Google Play Store.
- Open the app. A screen will appear which will ask the user whether a numeric password or an alphabetic password is preferred. The user can keep it password free also.
- After this, the user will have to enter a security question and its answer in case the password is forgotten. This step is only during the first use of the app.
- In the next step, the following screen will appear.
- Select the “Hide Pictures & Videos”.
- Now choose the pictures and videos you want to hide. And press the lock icon at the top of the screen.
- After the above step the selected pictures and videos will be successfully hidden.
- The user can verify it using the gallery or file manager.
- If the user wants to view the hidden pictures and videos again, then open the app. Select the pictures and videos and then press the unlock icon on top of the screen.