Nowadays, many Smartphones come with the LEDs for Notification. These LED’s can be configured by the user for different notifications. However there is a certain downside to these LEDs. On some phones, they are neither bright nor noticeable. So, most of them rendered useless! But XDA developer om22 has created a lovely little MOD which will aid the user in changing the brightness levels of the LED.
The developer has come with three different brightness levels. The first is the standard – default brightness, or dullness, of the LED light. Second is high – a brightness level that is noticeably higher than standard and third ultra which is extremely bright LED. It should be noted that this mode is only for Sony Xperia Arc, Xperia Arc S and Xperia Pro. It will work with any stock Gingerbread-based and Ice Cream Sandwich-based ROM of version .587 and .13.
Increasing the level of brightness of the LED will result in increased consumption of the battery. The developer has assured that keeping the brightness level high will not damage the LED.
- The device must be Rooted
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Custom Recovery Installed
- Standard, High and Ultra zip files
- Download all the files from the above links and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Go to Recovery mode and make a fresh Nandroid backup of the device.
- Now go back and clear cache.
- Next, go to “Advanced” and wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Go back and tap on “Install Zip from SD card”. Then choose “Select zip from SD card”. Select the file of the desired level of brightness.
- Go back and Reboot the phone. DONE!!