Android is an open source technology. So it has an incredible scope for development. Rooting is very common among the Android users. In addition to this you can flash custom ROMs, custom kernels, introduce additional tweaks etc. Besides the aforementioned aspects, an interesting feature is available for the user. The particular notability that builds up interest includes the perspective of controlling your Android from the PC using the web browser.
You need the Remote Web Desktop app for this purpose. It is a free app available on the Google Play Store. There’s also a paid version available with additional features. This app is very easy to use. Plus it has wireless support so no need of the USB cable. It uses the WiFi or the internet connection whichever that is available.
Some of the features are:
- The user can send, receive forward or delete SMS messages. Additionally, there is even partial support for MMS service.
- You can view your pictures or videos. Accompanying with the same, the individual can also listen to songs.
- One can type and send messages using the keyboard of your PC. Furthermore, the advantageous aspect lies in the fact that one can even use WhatsApp from your web browser.
- It will turn your phone into a webcam. It supports both the front and the back cameras.
- You can search, edit, delete or group your contacts. It also possible to make a call from the computer side.
- Other features include setting wallpapers, editing notes from your SD card, using the Linux based Terminal Emulator.
How To Use It:
- Download the Remote Web Desktop app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the App. You will see the following screen.
- Now set a suitable password.
- Click on Start Server seen at the bottom of the screen.
- After this you will see a URL just above the Start Server option.
- Copy the URL. Open the browser on your PC and paste the URL.
- You will get a prompt showing Login to Remote Web Desktop.
- Enter the password set in Step 3 and press Ok.
- And now you can control your Android from the web browser !