Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has some similarities with the Galaxy Note 10.1. Both devices feature the Samsung Exynos 4412 processor and share a 1280 x 800 screen resolution, although the Note 8.0 has a slightly higher clock speed and ppi. Galaxy Note 8.0 runs on the Android Jellybean 4.1 OS and has 2 GB of RAM.
Once the device is rooted, the user can perform various mods and tweaks on the Samsung Galaxy note 8.0. XDA developers have come up with one such tweak that will disable the capacitive keys on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. Once it is performed, the capacitive keys will only work with the use of S-Pen.
Try this mod at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible. Users who want to try this tweak can follow the instructions below.
- Open Root Explorer or any other file manager app.
- Navigate to system >> usr >> keylayout.
- Make backup of sec_touchscreen.kl file.
- After the above step, open sec_touchscreen.kl and find line: key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED.
- Place a # in front of this line. Now it should look like this: # key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED.
- Next find the line: key 139 BACK WAKE_DROPPED.
- Again, place a # in front of it. It should now look like this: # key 139 BACK WAKE_DROPPED.
- Save the changes and then close the file.
- Reboot the tablet.
Once the tablet is rebooted, the capacitive buttons will not respond to the fingers, but will retain functionality with the S-Pen.