Sometimes it may so happen that there is excessive accumulation of the photos on the device and it is a tedious task to feature dedicated space for other applications or new photos. Hence, the common approach is to transfer these photos onto the computer than residing them on your iPhone. This process is like child’s play and can be performed using proper instructions. The basic necessity is to connect the iPhone to the computer via USB cable. Traditionally, iTunes is used for facilitating the desired task. However, there also exist several other methods to perform the intended function of transferring photos to Windows or Mac PC. The instructions below exhibit a sequential procedure for the completion of the activity.
The simple way to transfer the photos is by using the Windows Explorer. There is automatic detection of the device when it is connected to the computer.
Steps for completing the process without using iTunes:
- At the beginning, you should plugin iPhone to your PC.
- Hereafter, you should wait till the popup arrives.
- Then select “View Content.”
- Thereupon, you get to see all the photos present on the device. These photos are displayed on the computer.
- Select the respective photos and copy the files as you usually do.
- At this point of time if your iPhone is already connected via USB cable, then follow the steps as instructed below:
- Go to “My Computer” and find your particular device.
- Now, you get to see your photos.
- Subsequently, select your photos that you want to copy on your computer.
- Simply, copy/paste as usual.
Steps to transfer photos from iPhone to a Mac:
- At the start, connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Thereafter, launch Preview.
- Hereafter, open the File Menu and select “Import from iPhone”.
- Now here you can choose the respective photos and simply tap on “Import All”. This results in downloading all the photos. If you want to download just selective photos, you can select “Import”.
- After this, just look in the “~~/Pictures/ folder” to view the photos that were present on the iPhone.
- It is recommended that you take a Backup of your device so that you can preserve photos, videos, contacts, etc.
However, you can avail the facility of Apple’s iCloud service to push all photos on your respective iOS device.