Dual booting is an interesting phenomenon wherein the user can have 2 operating systems on a single device. Dual booting was very common on the computer. Previously we have seen how to dual boot on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Samsung Galaxy S3. With these two devices, both the operating systems were Android. However with the Acer Iconia W700, the user can dual boot with an Android OS and the Windows 8 OS. Follow the instructions given below to dual boot on the Acer Iconia W700
- USB Stick with minimum 512 MB of storage
- Latest image Generic UEFI Installer image
- Image Writer Tool
- First and foremost, you will need to set up a bootable USB. Download the Image Writer Tool, extract the ”Win32DiskImager.exe,” and once that’s done, find the .img file you downloaded previously and hit “Write.”
- After the completion of the previous step, your USB has been adequately prepared for booting.
- Next, set up the tablet to read and boot from the USB. Press and hold the Power and Windows button to enter BIOS Settings, and ensure UEFI boot modus is selected.
- Switch your tablet off, insert your USB-hub with USB Stick and Keyboard connected, and power on your device whilst holding F12.
- Select your USB device from the boot menu, and select your preferred option from the following menu. Follow the on-screen options to set up dual-boot mode, size allocated to Android etc. The installation process will then begin automatically.
- After that, unplug and power down your device. When you power it back up, you’ll see your dual-boot menu.
- Congratulations! Now you can successfully dual boot on Acer Iconia W700.
Note: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer or the site must not be held responsible if the device gets damaged.