Android Jelly Bean 4.2 is the latest Android OS. In this version, many new additions were seen like the expandable notification bar, swipe gesture keyboard, multiuser support, etc. The multiuser support is a great feature which allows more than one person to log in the Android device.
The sad part is that Google introduced this feature only for the smartphones and not the tablets. This decision can be understood because a smartphone is a personal device and more than one account might not be needed. But there might be some people who share their smartphones regularly so creation of multiple user accounts becomes necessary The MoDaCo Toolkit can help to create multiple user accounts.
MoDaCo Toolkit is created by the XDA developers. It has been tested successfully on the Android 4.2 AOSP ROMs. It might not work on all the ROMs. So try it at your own risk.
- Android device must be running on Jelly Bean 4.2 OS
- Android device must be rooted
- Xposed Framework
- MoDaCo Toolkit
- Download the Xposed Framework and MoDaCo Toolkit apk files from the above links and place it on the SD card of the device.
- Use a suitable file manager. Locate the Xposed Framework and MoDaCo Toolkit apk files on the SD card and install it.
- Open the Xposed Framework and click on “Install/Update”.
- Now, launch the MoDaCo Toolkit and enable it.
- Next, reboot the device.
- Once the device restarts, go to Settings >> Users.
- In this section, you can add new users and edit them.