WhatsApp is arguably the best and the most popular messaging app in the world. Many apps have provided competition but WhatsApp has stood its ground. One thing that WhatsApp lacks or used to lack is the voice call feature. But now the new update will have the call feature.
Call feature in WhatsApp is a bit tricky to activate as of now. WhatsApp has made an invite feature for calls in the new update. This means that the call feature in the WhatsApp will only be activated if someone gives you a call through WhatsApp. However for the non root users, you can activate voice calls using the Terminal app. Call feature will only work on the devices running on Android 4.4.4 and above.
A detailed guide to get the call feature in WhatsApp for both root and non root users is given below.
Steps to enable Call feature on Rooted Devices:
- Make sure the latest version of WhatsApp and Terminal is installed on your device.
- Open the Terminal and provide root permissions.
- Type the following command
am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
- You will have to use this command every time you want to make a call.
Steps to enable Call feature on Non Rooted Devices:
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from this link.
- For the voice call feature, you will need to be on Android 4.4.4 and above.
- There is not much you can do. Just wait for someone to give you a call to activate this feature!