Nexus 6 was released around two years ago and it had flagship specs. Its specs are still competitive in today’s market but there are some apps which will not run too smoothly on a two year old device. One such app is the YouTube app. Lately, many Nexus 6 users have complained of a laggy YouTube app. Luckily we have a fix available for this. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
- Developer Options should be enabled
- Make sure Developer Options is enabled on your phone.
- If not go to Settings >> About Phone. Scroll down and tap on “Build number” seven times.
- Now go to Settings >> Developer Options.
- Now scroll down and you will see a “Disable HW overlays” option.
- Turn on this option.
- Open the YouTube app. Now it will be lag free.