Sony’s latest flagship phone the Xperia Z is yet to be launched and yet many of it’s UI components like the launcher, lockscreen, etc. have already leaked n the internet. Xperia T was one of the first Sony phones with their new Jellybean update. Sony has introduced a new keyboard for it’s jellybean firmware.
The latest keyboard has the following features:
- Bilingual word correction.
- Type and swipe typing method.
- Skin support.
- QWERTY and Phonepad layouts supported.
- Word prediction.
Here is a short tutorial to install the Sony’s Jellybean keyboard:
- Android Version 4.0 (ICS) and above.
- Rooted phone.
- Custom recovery (to flash a custom recovery refer this.)
- Xperia keyboard flashable zip file.
- Nandroid backup.
- At least 30 Mb free space in ROM.
- Make sure that you have at least 30 Mb free space in your System partition using the app called Disk Usage.
- Connect the phone to the PC/MAC and place the downloaded zip file in your SD card.
- Power off your device.
- Now power it on and enter into recovery mode.
- Navigate to install zip via SD card.
- Navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
- Now reboot your device and start using the Sony’s jellybean keyboard.