The storage memory is an important functionality which is resident on every specific device. It is regarded as a valuable asset on a Mobile phone. This can be very useful for the storage of various files, data, music, games etc. Therefore, everything can be stored in an organized manner that is available on the tip of your hand & accessible in an easier fashion.
However the troublesome aspect during such a scenario will be during the instances that the SD card gets corrupted or messed up due to frequent re-positioning of the card on various devices. Thus, movement of SD card is an advantageous perspective while switching the SD card from one phone to another, but this can lead to a potential harmful situation which can ultimately prove the causal effect on the SD card. Thus if a situation arises where the device reports the user that the currently resident SD card has errors, the availability of the inbuilt functionality can be used to format the SD card.
The entire content on the phone will be wiped off once the format process is executed. Hence, it is advised to backup your data before performing such an activity.
- At the start, choose the Settings option by navigating to either the app list or the live tile.
- After this, go to phone storage option. Here, tap on continue.
- Thereupon, an appearance of the memory options is presented out for the user. Here, you can see the space i.e. available on internal and external storage.
- Hereafter, your task is to format the SD card. So tap on the SD card option.
- This option will be responsible for beginning the process. However, a confirmation box is provided to the user before this task is made functional. Therefore, tap yes to continue ahead.
- Later you should wait for the entire process to be completed. After it’s finished, the handset will automatically recognize your SD card. Eventually, you will have to reconfigure it.