Jellybean has proven to be a vast improvement over ICS as most Jellybean users have experienced. The performance, the smoothness, the functionality all are a level above ICS. So why wouldn’t everyone want a taste of Jellybean. All Xperia 2011 users are in luck as the Xperia division of CyanogenMod team – FXP(Free Xperia Project) team haven’t yet abandoned you. CM 10 was in the alpha stage for a very long time for the Xperia 2011 series, but it finally has reached a much more usable release. Most of the bugs are fixed except a select few which can be neglected over the overall better performance. Users of Xperia Ray are especially lucky as this excellent piece of hardware works excellent with CM10.
Caution: Flashing a new ROM will delete all your data be sure of making a backup.
Now let’s focus on the requirements to get CM10 on your Xperia Ray(ST18i):
- Extract the “boot.img” file from the zip you downloaded.
- Place both the CM10 and gapps flashable zips in your phones sdcard.
- Install flashtools.
- Refer to this guide to flash the “boot.img”(kernel)
- Once complete with the process, reboot your device and keep pressing the volume up button till your device enters recovery mode.
- Now navigate to “factory reset” and select it by pressing the home button. Use volume keys to navigate up and down.
- Once factory reset is done navigate to “mounts and storage” and “format /system” partition.
- Now press the back button and navigate to “install zip from sdcard” and select the CM10 zip file you downloaded earlier.
- This process can take a while.
- Once finished flash the gapps flashable zip.
- Now you can reboot into system to enjoy the sweet taste of jellybean on you Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray(ST18i)
Note: It is common for the first boot to take a while!