Jelly-bean-easter-egg

Jellybean has proven to be a vast improvement over ICS as most Jellybean users have experienced. The performance, the smoothness, the functionality all are a level above ICS. So why wouldn’t everyone want a taste of Jellybean. All Xperia 2011 users are in luck as the Xperia division of CyanogenMod team – FXP(Free Xperia Project) team haven’t yet abandoned you. CM 10 was in the alpha stage for a very long time for the Xperia 2011 series, but it finally has reached a much more usable release. Most of the bugs are fixed except a select few which can be neglected over the overall better performance. Users of Xperia Ray are especially lucky as this excellent piece of hardware works excellent with CM10.

Caution: Flashing a new ROM will delete all your data be sure of making a backup.

Now let’s focus on the requirements to get CM10 on your Xperia Ray(ST18i):

Process:

1. Extract the “boot.img” file from the zip you downloaded.
  2. Place both the CM10 and gapps flashable zips in your phones sdcard.
  3. Install flashtools.
  4. Refer to this guide to flash the “boot.img”(kernel)
  5. Once complete with the process, reboot your device and keep pressing the volume up button till your device  enters recovery mode.
  6. Now navigate to “factory reset” and select it by pressing the home button. Use volume keys to navigate up and down.
  7. Once factory reset is done navigate to “mounts and storage” and “format /system” partition.
  8. Now press the back button and navigate to “install zip from sdcard” and select the CM10 zip file you downloaded earlier.
  9. This process can take a while.
  10. Once finished flash the gapps flashable zip.
  11. Now you can reboot into system to enjoy the sweet taste of jellybean on you Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray(ST18i)Sony Xperia Ray(St18i) running CM10 jellybean 4.1.2

Note: It is common for the first boot to take a while!

You might also like these post :

About Sir Tech-A-Lot

My Friends call me Sir Tech-a-lot, cause well I constantly importune them with the latest news on mobiles and apps. So they trapped me in a room and gave me a blog to pester the entire world. Connect with me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SirTechALot | Add my circles on Google+ :

42 Comments

1. Rajat
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Sorry friend…… I have done all the steps u have said above…… but after completing all the steps my Xperia ray doesnot open….. it diplay sony logo N restart….. Plz help
    Sry for my english

• Posted December 18, 2012 at 5:28 am | Permalink

did you flash the boot.img file?

• Rajat
        Posted December 19, 2012 at 7:19 am | Permalink

yes…….i have flash boot.img file…. again i have a problem …..my xperia ray device doesnot turn on else… when i connect it with usb cable. it goes to flash mode.. but nothing happens… i think my ray is dead…Plz help how to fix it…

• Posted December 19, 2012 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Does it show the boot screen or is it completely dead?
          What exactly happens when you press the power button?

• Rajat
            Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Now i have repair it from service center… And now it is back to android version 2.3 …. i have another problem now.. when i update my phone from sony pc companion it show your phone have another version software… And it stop update to ice cream sandwich too. Can you help me my friend?

2. Sunil
    Posted December 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

i am not able to flash boot image file using flash tool. when i am trying to flash image file flashtool throwing an error “device not rooted” , but i have rooted my mobile (100% sure). can you please help me regarding this ….

• Posted December 18, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Providing screenshots would prove easier for me to help you out. Does your device shows the blue LED lit when you’ve connected the device in fastboot mode? if flashtools doesn’t work try flashing using the other method mentioned in the link, using the adb method.

3. praveen
    Posted December 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

what about xperia u

4. Chris
    Posted December 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Great tutorial – finally got my ray on jellybean. Other tutorials don’t mention you have to flash the kernel first (boot.img)

5. Posted December 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

do i need to flash boot.img both the tyms…1 during flashing kernel other during flashing cm-10

6. amin
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 5:51 am | Permalink

could you help me with step ? how can i flash it?

7. amin
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 5:52 am | Permalink

could you help me with step 10 ? how can i flash it ? gapps?

8. UrPal
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Flashtools link doesn’t exist anymore

9. fuada
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

how? I experienced this kind..” error flashing zip ‘/sdcard/fxp201 ……….updating particion detail.
    what should i do, any ideas?

10. picdrako
    Posted January 23, 2013 at 2:43 am | Permalink

hola solo quiero consultar que bugs trae la rom o si ya es estable, gracias.

• Posted January 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

la ROM es lo suficientemente estable para el uso diario. Lo siento por el mal español, estoy usando Google Translate.

11. ancycker
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

how can i flash kernel??? do i have to download kernels??

12. ancycker
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Extract the “boot.img” file from the zip you downloaded. where i can find boot.img

13. ancycker
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

when i reebot my ray,, how long does it takes before go on the mainscreen?

14. Ancycker
    Posted January 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

status 7 error…. get proop damn,

• Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

You generally get this error when you haven’t flashed the kernel properly.

• Winston
      Posted February 7, 2013 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Format the SD card and install .. i got it fixed like this..

15. Posted February 2, 2013 at 6:16 am | Permalink

hi, my friend is not an expert user, but would appreciate a faster phone. I don;t want to give her a buggy ROM, can you help me choose between the stable CM9 and jellybeans CM10.
    Thanks for your help

• Posted February 3, 2013 at 4:27 am | Permalink

CM10 is very smooth and bug free. The only bug that it has is in maps the pointer keeps rotating frantically. Other than that there are no bugs. CM10 is definitely faster than CM 9.

16. Winston
    Posted February 7, 2013 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Network is not working , getting error while searching for network… what to do ?

17. David
    Posted March 31, 2013 at 2:12 am | Permalink

i cant download this file page not found CM10-FXP150.zip

• Posted March 31, 2013 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Sorry for the inconvenience the link has been fixed and updated to the latest version. Thank you for reporting the broken link.

• Posted April 11, 2013 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

do i need to root my ray first if i have 4.0.4? and how do i root my ray? every time i want to root it…it says superuser not found…what can i do?

• Posted April 24, 2013 at 5:44 am | Permalink

no you need not root your device, however an unlocked bootloader is necessary. Follow the link given in requirements.

18. Avinash Tangirala
    Posted February 1, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Can i perform this mod even if i am on 2.3.4?

2 Trackbacks

1. […] Read More: How to Install CyanogenMod 10 running JellyBean 4.1.2 on Sony … […]

2. […] CM10 (jellybean 4.1.2) To flash CM10 you may see this tutorial. […]