Samsung Galaxy S3 is among the best Smartphones out in the market. It has some features that can’t be found in any other Smartphone. One particular feature that has caught the eye is the Dual Boot. Using Dual Boot, a Samsung Galaxy S3 user can have 2 ROMs at the same time.
This feature is especially useful for those who are in a dilemma of whether to use the Samsung’s own Touchwiz or a CyanogenMod based ROM. An individual can have both the ROMs at the same time using the Dual Boot feature. It is possible to switch between these two ROMs as and when the user wants.
Here is a step by step tutorial to get Dual Boot on the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Clockworkmod recovery.
- Siyah Kernel.
- CM10.1 zip file (or any other rom of your choice).
- Gapps zip file.
- Download the Siyah Kernel and CM10.1 zip file and place it on the SD card.
- Boot in to the recovery mode.
- Now go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the Siyah Kernel zip file.
- Go back and select reboot.
- Open up the App Drawer and select STweaks and navigate to the “DUALBOOT” tab and select “Reboot into 2ndROM Utils”.
- Now Navigate to dual-boot options and format 2ndROM system, wipe 2ndROM data/cache, wipe 2ndROM dalvik cache.
- Now select “install zip to 2ndROM from internal/external SD” and choose the CM10.1 zip file. Flash the Gapps in a similar way.
- Go back and repeat step 3. Reboot.
- Now you can go into STweaks, select the “DUAL BOOT” tab and select either “Reboot into 1stROM” or “Reboot into 2ndROM” as per your need.