Nexus 5 is the latest device in the Nexus series with all the high end specifications. It is also the first device to have Android 4.4 KitKat OS. It has a 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3 GHz quad-core processor and an Adreno 330 GPU. It has 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal memory and 2300 mAh battery. It has an 8MP primary camera with Optical Image Stabilization.
Although Nexus 5 is a great device, it doesn’t have the best camera. XDA Developer Jishnu Sur™ has created a mod which improves the camera quality to a certain extent. This modification fixed a few issues like low video frame rate in low lighting, as well as a few other minor issues. Full HD movies can now use 20 Mbit, minimizing compression artifacts. Also, recorded audio has been improved, and according to developer it has no noise cancellation disturbance. If you want to try out this mod, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Latest CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery installed
- Camera Mod zip file
Steps to install Camera Mod on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera Mod zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Camera Mod zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.