Android Lollipop is the biggest update since Android ICS was released more than 3 years ago. It changed a lot of things – from UI to features to runtime and much more. It improved the performance of the device due to the ART and also animations are much more smooth now. In spite of this, you can improve the speed and performance of Android 5.0 device.
XDA developer Paget96 has created a L Speed mod which will increase the speed, performance and even improve the battery life performance. The L Speed mod works on any device and ROM. But clean up your init.d folder before flashing. A detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- L Speed zip file
Steps to install the L Speed mod on Android:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the L Speed zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the L Speed zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
- Now open the Terminal. Type the following commands to enable the mod.
su (command to allow ROOT permission)
seeder (call seeder script)