Sony Xperia Z is Sony’s latest flagship device. It is one of the best devices out there and it has done quite admirably in the market. Although this device has some great features, many users were not satisfied with the low sound quality, or at least volume of the device’s external speaker – an issue that may stem from the speaker’s water resistance or its small size.
Nonetheless, this problem has been addressed by XDA Senior Member ZeroInfinity. He has managed to increase both the internal and external sound volume with the Extra Volume Boost mod. This mod is available for the stock Sony ROM as well as any AOSP based ROM. Follow the instructions below to install it on the Sony Xperia Z.
- Sony Xperia Z must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed on the Sony Xperia Z (eg CWM or TWRP)
- Extra Volume Boost zip file (Sony Stock ROM, Any AOSP ROM)
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Extra Volume Boost zip file for your appropriate ROM and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Extra Volume Boost zip file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.