Xiaomi Redmi 1S has a 4.7″ 720p IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 400 chipset with quad-core 1.6GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage. It has an 8MP shooter with 1080 video capture capability, and is powered by a 2000mAh battery. As with all Xiaomi Android smartphone devices, the Xiaomi Redmi 1S runs Xiaomi’s own user interface, MIUI, on top of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Senior XDA member saurabhrck has shared the Mokee-50.1-armani test build, originally built by developer syhost for Xiaomi Redmi 1S. This will upgrade the phone to Android 5.0.1.
This build is still in Alpha stages so a lot of important features are plagued with bugs. But if you want a taste of Lollipop on your device, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Redmi 1S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Redmi 1S must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Mokee ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Mokee ROM on Redmi 1S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Mokee ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Mokee ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.