Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is powered by the dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8420 processor clocked at 1 GHz. The processor is backed up by 1 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of storage, a 4″ WVGA Super AMOLED display, a 5 MP camera, and a 1500 mAh battery.
Galaxy S3 Mini is one of the lucky devices to get the Android 5.0 port via the AOSP ROM. Many features are broken as of now but developers are working on solving those issues. Follow the guide below to install it on the Galaxy S3 Mini.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S3 Mini must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- AOSP ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install AOSP ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the AOSP ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the AOSP ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.