Samsung Galaxy Nexus is almost three years old. Google stopped pushing out official updates for this phone after the 18 month window had passed. It did not receive the KitKat update and is not slated to receive the Lollipop update as well. But Android being open source, custom ROM community have created many unofficial updates. Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) is one of the first devices for which Android 5.0 custom ROM is available through Fork My Life (FML). Follow the guide below to install Android 5.0 on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Nexus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install FML ROM on Galaxy Nexus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the FML ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the FML ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.