Android 5.1 update has been released by Google for the Android One devices. The OTA has been rolled out for various regions. While some regions like Indonesia have received the update, there are others who have not been so lucky. For them, there is a solution – manually installing the update instead of waiting for the OTA. This tutorial is for all the Android One devices irrespective of the manufacturer and the region. You will need to follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- PhilZ recovery installed
- Android 5.1 OTA
Steps to install Android 5.1 on Android One device:
- Download the Android 5.1 OTA and transfer it to your device.
- Now switch off the device and enter into PhilZ recovery using the key combination of the device.
- In Recovery Mode, perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
- Perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to the “Advanced’ option and then click “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Return to the main recovery menu and run advanced restore function to restore only /system and /boot.
- Once restore process is complete, just reboot the device into the freshly installed Lollipop OS.