LG G3 has a 5.5″ QHD IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440×2560. The device is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2GB or 3GB of RAM depending on the model. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The G3 also features a 13MP camera, with “laser autofocus”, giving it a claimed fastest autofocus time of any smartphone. The exterior features a scratch-resistant metallic polycarbonate finish. All this is backed up by an impressive 3000mAh battery.
Android M Preview was released by Google a few weeks back and since then developers have been porting it to various other devices. LG G3 has also received the Android M Preview port. But this is the first Android M Preview port and not the latest one. Also this is an early build so it might have some bugs. Follow the guide below to install it on LG G3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG G3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Android M Developer Preview
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Android M Developer Preview on LG G3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Android M Developer Preview zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Android M Developer Preview zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.