Google unveiled the Android M at the Google I/O last month. After that, the developer previews were made available for a few Nexus devices. Not much other Android M apps were made available. However, Android M launcher can be installed on the devices and not just on the Nexus ones but all the devices. Detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Google Now launcher installed on the device
- Google App APK
Steps to install Android M launcher on Android:
- Make sure Google Now launcher is installed on the device and it is the default launcher.
- Now go to Settings >> Applications. Select the Google Now launcher and clear the cache of this app.
- Download the Google App APK and transfer it to your device. Using a suitable file manager, install the Google App.
- After installing it, press the Home button.
- Now again go to Settings >> Applications and clear the cache of Google Now launcher.
- Now go to Main Menu and locate the Google App which you installed.
- Clear the cache of this app as well. Make sure both Google Now Launcher and Google App caches have been cleared.
- Next, press the Home button.