Huawei Nexus 6P is a high-end Android smartphone, released in September 2015. It features a 5.7″ Quad-HD AMOLED display, 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, and 3GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, though the device lacks a removable storage slot. Other features include a USB Type-C port, 12MP rear camera, 8MP front selfie camera and 3450mAh battery. On the exterior, the Nexus 6P features a fingerprint sensor.
Google have released Android Nougat Developer Preview 5 for Nexus 6P. This is the final preview of Android Nougat before the official release. It is a near final version and has very few bugs. If you want to install it on Nexus 6P, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Android N Developer Preview 5
- Make sure Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot files are present in the same folder.
- Download the system image file of your device and extract it to the folder in the above step.
- First you will need to unlock the bootloader.
- Switch off the device and reboot to fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to PC. Open the command prompt in the SDK folder and type the following command
fastboot oem unlock
- Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
- Execute the flash-all script which installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware, and operating system.
- Your device will reboot and you will see Android N.
- If you want to lock the bootloader, follow steps 4 and 5 but this time enter the following command
fastboot oem lock