Galaxy Note 3 is Samsung’s third device in the hugely popular Note series. This phablet comes with some mighty specifications. It is powered by a Quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm processor and 3GB RAM. Note 3 is one of the fastest device available at the time of its release. The 5.7″ display has a resolution of 1920×1080 and 386ppi. The Note 3 is available in 16, 32 and 64GB varieties, all with an additional microSD slot for even more storage.
Previously, we saw how to install Android 4.4 on International Galaxy Note 3. The same AOSP ROM is also available for the T-Mobile variant which lets you enjoy all the new features of Android 4.4 – better multitasking, improved memory usage, cloud printing, screen recording, smart caller ID and much more. Follow the instructions given below to install AOSP ROM on Galaxy Note 3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 must be rooted
- CWM Recovery installed
- AOSP ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install AOSP ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the AOSP ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the AOSP ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.