Sony Xperia Acro S has a 4.3 inch scratch-resistant TFT touchscreen. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Dual Core processor. It comes with a 12.1 megapixel camera with auto focus and 16x digital zoom, LED flash. At the time of its release it ran on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. It was one of the first device to have the Sony branding.
Sony Xperia Acro S is not listed by Sony to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update. Its not a surprise as it in an old device. You can install Android 5.0 manually on this device via the AOSP custom ROM. It has some bugs but you can still use it. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Acro S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install AOSP ROM on Xperia Acro S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the AOSP ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the AOSP ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.